6/22/08

Classic Material, Live On Air

What up people? I know, I know, I know! All I can say is I have barely been home since the weather warmed up, making it impssible for me to post anything substantial. I want to talk about a few events I have done recently that were as good a time as any that I've had in all the years I have been djing. Some of these have been recorded and will be posted here some time in 2016, or maybe sooner. Stay tuned for that. In the meantime, I just have to say that I'm getting quite a few chuckles from Ice-T's hilarious online rant trashing Souljah Boy. It seems like a large waste of breathe but it is hilario.

In the meantime, the quickest thing I could do that requires the least amount of preparation is post some truly classic moments from the dusty studio at WKCR, mostly taking place in 1993.

Black Moon with Smiff-N-Wessun, Live on KCR, June 1993
Big L, Live on KCR, October 1993
Das Efx, Live on KCR, November 1993
Akinyele, Live on KCR, November 1993
Large Professor & O.C., Live on KCR, November 1993
Mobb Deep, Live on KCR, July 1994

November of 1993 was HECTIC.

10 comments:

(thee) Mike B said...

...we about to get hectic...

bsked1 said...

Wow, outta nowhere is a fuckin stellar post!!!..Sunday lazy afternoonshzit..

a-one said...

I think the show the das efx, aknel, oc & extra p frees come frome was my first Stretch & Bob tape. Thanks for these. Now I don't have to encode them myself. Laziness pays off once again.

DELINQ said...

Thanks for this- freestyles are beyond dope, but the beat selection makes it crazier- "World is Yours" remix, "The Bomb", "Come Clean", "Flow Joe" and especially "You Can't Front"...classic cypher material.

Anonymous said...

Glad ya back been fiending for some more treats.... Thank's for these...

Peace.....

Buddy Lembeck said...

i knew i've been checking this page every other day since april for a reason. good shit Stretch

Hell Yup! said...

What a good time...

Chris said...

I sent these to Bob a while back. He said he was gonna hit you off. Glad he did. Btw, how amazing are those live sets from the Wu board?

buyable said...

seems like a good place to ask, what is the beat from that famous o.c. and large professor freestyle from?

kool:ebony:83* said...

peace stretch...

just found your blog today, i´m out here in south afrika....any chance of re-posting some of them shows up again!?!?!?

oNe*...