7/10/07

Stretch Armstrong & Bobbito, 5 Year Anniverary on KCR





There was no party, no cake or candles, no all-star line-up of thankful artists (an oxymoron) or anything extra super-celebratory to usher in the 5th birthday of the radio show that Bobbito and I gave birth to (pause!) in the winter of 1990. True to the understated nature of KCR, it was a family affair- Stretch, Kool Bob Love, Detective Reef, Lord Sear and friends/guests MF Grimm and Kool G Rap. The static is thick on this recording, but deal with it. We had a great time that night. It felt good to have 5 years under our belts and to be on the radio with one of the greatest of all time and one of our idols. (Bob and I could agree on some things!)

Stretch Armstrong & Bobbito 5 Year Anniversary, KCR, 09.28.95 Part 1
Stretch Armstrong & Bobbito 5 Year Anniversary, KCR, 09.28.95 Part 2
Stretch Armstrong & Bobbito 5 Year Anniversary, KCR, 09.28.95 Part 3

8 comments:

madnice said...

good lookin no doubt

Chris said...

stretch, classic material yet again.. you always come correct..

Jaz said...

Stretch Boogie cold killing it everytime!!!, Thank you very much for sharing the memories and dope music and shows.

louiefuse said...

that g rap session was dope! shout out to b one... lost boy crew... young gunz 4 life!

jubei said...

Funny, yesterday(friday)I was painting someones house & they only had a tape deck.I grabbed random tapes from my box,one of them was the 5yr Anni.show...Today(Sat)I see it's up on the site. The last 2hrs was classic for me.Took me back and had me crack'in up as I painted...

Pushermania said...

What a great show bro. You are truly doing a great service for hip hop man. These posts are magnanimous!

Also, my radio show just had our 5 year anniversary and we did the same thing, just had the regular fam in the house. Cuz yes Stretch, your use of the word oxymoron is 100% justified. Yes it tis.

serch4beatz said...

someone knows what song that is on part 2 at 11min ?

RL said...

You're the fuckin man Stretch!!!

I know I have a tape from I think early '98 when ya'll were doin the Training Camp!!! ads. Oh man...ridiculous..lol.

Again big ups man. I need this music in my life.